There are many reasons why I really love summer and some of them are connected with the food. This is the time of fresh and juicy fruits and veggies.
One of my very favourite one is tomato. I can eat them everyday and I cannot even hide it. Tomatoes are present in my cooking very often, usually in a salad or with pasta. This recipe is another example of it. It is very quick and light summer recipe. I always keep in my freezer pre-cooked artichoke’s hearts in a case I would need them anytime and I used them for this sauce. You can also use the fresh ones. I do not recommend to use the canned ones because of their taste. The key of this recipe are the fresh ingredients and when you try it you will understand why 🙂 Another advice for a perfect dish are fresh herbs, always have some because they add amazing aroma to your food.
- 6 bigger tomatoes, chopped
- 4 pre-cooked or frozen artichoke hearts, cut into quarters
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- salt & pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Tbs of brown sugar
- olive oil
- bunch of fresh basil & oregano
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water according to the package directions
- Meanwhile, add the olive to a frying pan and heat over medium- high heat. Add the garlic, onions and sauté until the onions are softened. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the artichokes and sauté them for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the tomatoes (chopped into small pieces) and sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes. At the end add fresh herbs. Season if needed.
- Serve immediately with pasta and sprinkle with parmesan