Few days ago when I was planning to visit a friend of mine I was thinking what to bring her. in Slovakia when you are invited to someone´s place it is polite if you bring some food or some bottle of wine. Usually people bake a cake or they just buy some pastry but I always prefered cooking to baking. That’s the reason why I chose a pasta salad. I mean who doesn´t like pasta?
There are plenty of different recipes how to prepare it and if you are supposed to bring some good food, pasta salad is a great option. I had some rucola left at home so I combined it with sun-dried tomatoes and this combination works great!! it´s so yummy.
- a bunch of rucola
- 300 grams of pasta (I used farfalle), cooked
- few cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- sun-dried tomates, choped
- 2Tbs of flax seeds
- 3Tbs of olive oil
- 4Tbs of pumpkin oil
- 5 Tbs of balsamic glasé (vinegar)
- salt & pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain. Transfer pasta into a large bowl.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, add them to pasta.
- Mix your pasta mixture with oils, vinegar, and rucola. Season it with salt & pepper.
- Sprinkle it with flax seeds and serve.
Note: instead of flax seeds you can use hemp seeds or even both. Sometimes I sprinkle this salad with parmesan cheese.