When you fancy something sweet but you still wanna eat healthy. This is how would I describe this recipe.
We know those moments when sugar cravings strike and also those moments when we try to eat healthy. The worst part on all of it? When it happens at the same time. I am kidding 😀 It does not have to be like this. There are many desserts with no sugar or flour which are absolutely delicious. And I know that this one belongs to this category. Natural sweetness of pears emphasised with maple-honey tones work really well with sour taste of greek yoghurt. To spice it up I added a little bit of cinnamon but you can use nutmeg, cardamon or even tonka beans. All of them would work perfectly. This time I added almonds for the crunchiness, but it really depends on what I currently have at home. Other times I go for granola, various types of raw nuts and seeds or even goji berries.
- 3 pears, cut in half
- 2 Tbs of maple syrup
- 3 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup of greek plain yoghurt
- 1/3 cup of almond flakes
- Preheat an oven to 200°C . Cut the pears in halves leghtwise, cut out the stems and scoop out the cores.
- In a small bowl mix together maple syrup, water and 2Tbs of honey. Then place the pears flesh side up in baking dish greased with coconut oil.Drizzle the pears with the honey-maple mixture and sprinkle them with cinnamon
- Cover and bake for about 20 minutes and then bake uncovered for additional 15 minutes. Meanwhile In a bowl, whisk the yogurt with remaining honey until smooth.
- When the pears are baked serve them topped with the yogurt and sprinkled with the almonds. Drizzle some of the honey-maple syrup over the top.