Simply said: “pasta with olive oil and garlic “. Sounds pretty boring but I swear this is one of the best pasta recipes you could have. Simple, easy to prepare and delicious. So what else do you need?
My personal add are sun-dried tomatoes because of their specific and vibrant taste. It seems like the combination of garlic, olive oil, parsley, parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes always meant to be. I am not Italian and I know that many Italians are not happy for all those lets call it “different versions” of their dishes but I just follow my instinct and creativity as always. I hope you will like this recipe as much as my family and I guess you will appreciate the easiness of it. My mom used to say : “There is beauty in simplicity”, and that’s what this recipe is about.
- pasta (the type and amount you prefer, I used about 300 grams)
- 1/3 cup of olive oil (better one recommended)
- 6-8 larger garlic cloves, sliced
- cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup od freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus some extra for serving
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tsp of paprika
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in the boiling water according to the package directions. Set aside 1 cup of the pasta cooking water before you drain the pasta. When the pasta is cooked, drain it and transfer it to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a pan large enough to hold the pasta. Add the garlic and cook over medium heat to slowly toast it, about 3 minutes. Then stir in chopped sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another 3 mins till the garlic is slightly golden, add pepper and paprika. Add the reserved pasta-cooking water to the garlic and oil and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, add 1 teaspoon of salt, and simmer for about 4 minutes until the liquid is reduced by about a third.
- Add the drained pasta to the garlic sauce and toss. Off the heat, add the parsley and toss well. Allow the pasta to rest t for 5 minutes for the sauce to be absorbed. Sprinkle on half of the parmesan cheese, stir until combined. Serve pasta topped with the remaining cheese.