Hello everyone! Today I chose this perfect winter soup due to which you won’t feel cold anymore.
Cayenne pepper and ginger work very well together with carrots and what makes this soup smoother and a bit special is the coconut milk. If you don’t have it you can also use double cream but I highly recommend you the coconut milk version as it adds a bit of exotic flavour to the soup. It is pretty easy and quick to cook it so even the total beginner can make it. I always remove the pepper and the ginger from the soup before blending it but if you prefer more spicy food you can leave it there and blend it together, but be careful because it can get very, very spicy.
- 4 cups of carrot, peeled and cut in smaller pieces
- 5 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1Tbs lemon juice
- 1 cayenne pepper
- 1Tbs of sliced fresh ginger (you can also use piece of ginger without slicing it)
- salt and pepper
- 2Tbs black sesame seeds
- 1/2Tbs coconut milk
- coriander (optional)
- In a larger pot cook carrots, cayenne pepper and ginger in a vegetable stock. Simmer until carrots are tender when pierced.
- When the carrots are cooked , remove the pepper and ginger and blend the carrots. Puree it until smooth. Add coconut milk. Bring soup to a boil, add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Meanwhile heat the coconut oil in a pan and toast sesame seeds for 1-2 mins.
- Serve the soup sprinkled with sesame seeds and decorate it with a bit of coriander.